Camp Tamok - 1 Night / 2 Days Overnight Package
Enjoy a full Arctic experience at Camp Tamok and tailor-make your own overnight program by selecting an evening activity, overnight accommodation and morning activity (the following day) to your choice.
Join us from the city center of Tromsø on a 90-minute scenic bus drive to Camp Tamok, located in the beautiful Tamok Valley. Camp Tamok has been exclusively built as wilderness camp for Lyngsfjord Adventure, presenting a fair balance between authenticity and comfort. It exists of traditional and rustic Northern Norwegian buildings: several lavvus, timber cabins and aurora domes, complemented with kitchen, shower - and toilet facilities, a husky kennel and reindeer camp.
Upon arrival, we will provide you with warm winter clothing, boots and gear before you head off on your evening activity.
- Dogsledding Evening
- Snowmobiling Evening
- Reindeersledding Evening
- Northern Lights Visit
After your evening activity, there will be time to relax and warm up inside as we will serve dinner around the open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent, back at the camp. After, you will be shown to your accommodation for the night.
- Aurora Domes
- Aurora Chalet
- Char Cabin
- Wilderness Cabin
After spending the night, the following day starts with a traditional Norwegian breakfast followed by the daytime activity of your choice.
- Dog sledding Morning
- Snowmobiling Daytime
- Reindeer sledding Daytime
After the activity, you will be served a hot meal around an open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. After a relaxing lunch and warming up inside, your overnight stay journey at Camp Tamok has come to an end and it will be time to board the bus back to Tromsø city center.
What to know in advance
- Please read the descriptions of each tour for all information relevant before booking the package: availabily, what is included in each tour, restrictions and minimum age for children
- Certain tours have a different start date of the season, for example Snowmobiling Daytime/Evening. Some activities might therefore not be available to choose as a part of this Overnight Package when making the booking.
Food and beverages
- Dinner: After the tour, we will serve a complimentary traditional Norwegian soup/stew. The main ingredients are vegetables with meat or fish.
- Breakfast: Traditional Norwegian breakfast
- Lunch: After the tour, we will serve a complimentary traditional Norwegian soup/stew.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the whole stay.
- Vegetarian food can be provided if notice is given upon booking. Please advise us in advance of any food allergies or dietary restrictions: we will provide an alternative option. If no notice is given in advance an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Depending on the chosen activities.
Included in the tour:
- Transfer by bus from and back to Tromsø city
- English-speaking guide
- Food and beverages
- Winter overall suit, boots, mittens, hat
- Accommodation of your choice upon booking
- Towels and cleaning
- All necessary gear (depending on the chosen activity)
What to bring:
- We recommend dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather. We recommend bringing a scarf in cold weather.
Itinerary Day 1
- Transfer by bus: 90 min (1,5 hours)
- At Camp Tamok: 4 hours (Gear up, evening activity of choice, dinner and free time)
- Overnight Stay in accommodation of choice
Itinerary Day 2:
- At Camp Tamok: 5,5 hours (Breakfast, gear up, daytime activity of choice, lunch and free time)
- Transfer by bus: 90 min (1,5 hours)
Departure Time: 17:00
Meeting Time and Place: 16:45 Samuel Arnesens gate 7, 9008 Tromsø
Total Duration of the tour: 17:00 – 16:00 (the next day) (23 hours)