Tromsø Ice Domes - Overnight Stay and Activity Package
Spend the night at the Tromsø Ice Domes and get to tick-off several activities on your bucket list at once: Go for a snowshoe hike in the evening, admire the beautiful ice-art inside the domes, get to spend the night in one of the ice-suites inside the ice-hotel and go for a morning activity of your choice the next day!
Depart from the city center of Tromsø on a 90-minute scenic drive by bus to Camp Tamok & Tromsø Ice Domes, located next to each other in the beautiful Tamok Valley.
Upon arrival, this overnight adventure starts with a guided tour through the Ice Domes: marvel at the incredible ice sculptures and snow carvings, learn about the construction process of the domes, the impact the snow has for all life in the Arctic and have a non-alcoholic ice shot at the ice bar.
There will be some time to walk around freely and you will be shown to your ice-suite, where you will spend the night.
After this first introduction to the Ice Domes, we will provide you with warm winter clothing, boots and snowshoe gear and you will embark on a guided snowshoe hike. Being outside on a dark winter evening, away from all light pollution creates a wonderful opportunity to witness the Northern Lights while going on this adventure. We will hike up to our nature camp where your guide will make a campfire. After the snowshoe hike you will be served a three course dinner in a warm facility.
Read about the Ice Hotels in Norway Here
When arriving back to the camp, it is time for your magical night at in the ice-hotel!
In the morning, we will serve you a traditional Norwegian breakfast and you will have some time to prepare for your next adventure. Choose between:
- Dogsledding Morning
- Snowmobiling Daytime
- Reindeersledding Daytime
After the activity, you will be served a hot meal around an open fire in a reindeer herder’s tent. After a relaxing lunch and warming up inside, the overnight stay programme at Tromsø Ice Domes has come to an end and it will be time to board the bus back to Tromsø city center.
What to know in advance
- Please read the descriptions of each tour for all information relevant before booking the package: availability, what is included in each tour, restrictions and minimum age for children
- Certain tours have a different start date of the season, for example Snowmobiling Daytime/Evening. Some activities might therefore not be available to choose as a part of this Ice Dome Overnight Package when making the booking.
- Tromsø Ice Domes overnight:
- We maintain a temperature of minus 5 ˚C inside: we advise dressing warm and in layers.
- An extra foldable bed for children aged 7-13 years old can be placed in the ice suite for an additional price of 3500 NOK (only 1 per ice suite). The price includes all meals, activities and overnight stay.
- All guests 14+ years old must book a separate room if there are more than 2 persons per ice suite.
- The double beds in the ice rooms have a comfortable mattress covered by reindeer skin and surrounded by an ice frame.
- You will sleep in warm expedition sleeping bags provided by us.
- There are toilets and showers accessible at all times in the service building annex to the Ice Domes.
Food and beverages
- Dinner: a 3 course dinner after the the snowshoe hike.
- Breakfast: traditional Norwegian breakfast served in the warm facility.
- Lunch: After the tour, we will serve a traditional Norwegian soup/stew. The main ingredients are vegetables with meat or fish.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available throughout the whole stay.
- Alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be available for purchase at the Tromsø Ice Domes.
- Vegetarian food can be provided if notice is given upon booking. Please advise us in advance of any food allergies or dietary restrictions: we will provide an alternative option. If no notice is given in advance an extra fee of 150 NOK will be charged.
Physical difficulty level: Depending on the chosen activities.
Included in the package:
- Transfer by bus from and back to Tromsø city
- English-speaking guide
- Overnight stay in a double room in the ice hotel
- Food and beverages
- Entrance and guided tour to Tromsø Ice Domes
- Non-alcoholic ice shot in the ice bar
- Short movie in the ice-cinema
- Winter overall suit, boots and mittens
- All necessary gear (depending on the chosen activity)
What to bring:
- We recommend dressing in warm winter clothing and in layers so you can adjust your clothing to the weather. We recommend bringing a scarf in cold weather.
- Option Snowmobiling: Valid driver’s license
Itinerary Day 1:
- Transfer by bus: 90 min (1,5 hours)
- At Tromsø Ice Domes: 1,5 hours (Guided tour)
- At Camp Tamok: 4 hours (Gear up, snowshoe hike, 3 course dinner and free time)
- Overnight accommodation in Tromsø Ice Domes
Itinerary Day 2:
- At Tromsø Ice Domes: 1 hour (breakfast)
- At Camp Tamok: 4 hours (gear up, daytime activity, lunch and free time)
- Transfer by bus: 90 min (1,5 hours)
Departure Time: 17:00
Meeting Time and Place: 16:45 Samuel Arnesens gate 7, 9008 Tromsø
Total Duration: 17:00 – 16:00 (the next day) (23 hours)